Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunflower Tea - 2

8 x 10
oil on hardboard

I decided to use the same subject matter as my last post - Sunflower Tea 1, for the DPW Challenge this week. I wanted to see how different my painting would look using the approach of one color per stroke. The painting definitely has more dimension, but it was difficult to not lose the drawing while being so free with the brushstrokes. Somehow I still managed to overwork and fuss too much in certain areas. I might try this challenge again, only this time I will force myself to step back after every single stroke.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Great job on the challenge! I can see a big difference in the subject from the previous painting. Both are good, but this one has so much more ooomph. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece great job.
    I am ready to start mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria-this is great--I like this composition much better. Nice loose quality too.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...