Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Day

Snow Day
6"x 6"
Oil on Panel
Since it doesn't snow much here in North Carolina, we enjoy every little bit we get. I was hoping for enough accumulation so that I could paint a snow scene and I lucked out this time. It could be a year or two before we see this much snow again, therefore, I took full advantage and I have painted the past two days - from the window of my warm home, of course. Yesterday's painting was a wiper, but made me even more determined to paint again today. There is a lot of pressure to capture something before it all melts, which makes me think of a quote by Joaquin Sorrolla - "One must paint quickly, because so much is lost, in an instant, and you never find it again."

2 comments:

  1. The cool shadows make this scene spectacular!! The quote is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, I've just discovered your beautiful blog. You've done a lovely job with your much anticipated snowy scene. Your still-life works are really stunning! I'll be back to visit again!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...