Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Painting at the Arboretum

8" x 10"
Oil sketch on Panel
"Pond Reflections"
$60.00
Click Here to Purchase

8" x 6"
Oil sketch on Board
"Peonies"
$50.00
Click Here to Purchase
There is only one thing better than painting from life - painting from life outdoors! I really enjoyed being surrounded by beautiful gardens, capturing the sunlit landscape. After about 2 hours at the pond, my paint and I were melting in the sun, so I packed up my stuff and sat in the shade to paint the Peonies. Check out my Facebook page, I posted a photo of my easel set-up by the pond.

2 comments:

  1. These are both really nice but I really like the pond one with the pattern of rocks and the reflection on the water. It's hard to find a perfect comfort zone outside, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely loose brushwork Maria! Both look very fresh ,you've inspired me to get out there!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...