Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 - "A" is for Artist



8" x 10"
Oil on Canvas
$50.00
Click here to purchase

Happy New Year!
I am always grateful for the opportunity to have a fresh start in the new year. It is my hope that I can remain focused and consistent in making behavioral changes that will stick. My resolution for 2013 is to manage my time more efficiently, therefore, making more room in my life for things like prayer, painting, and exercise. To jump start my painting goal, I am entering Leslie Saeta's painting challenge, "30 Paintings in 30 Days". The thought of painting everyday for the next 30 days is very exciting, but also a little overwhelming. My plan is to take one day at a time and hope that I can at least make an effort each day. To assist me in deciding what to paint each day, I chose the theme "Alphabet"; each day I will paint something to represent a letter in the alphabet. Whenever possible, I will be painting from life instead of photo reference. Wish me luck!
My first entry for the challenge is a self-portrait. I wiped this one out many times, but I finally had to step away and call it finished. If I make it through the whole alphabet, I will attempt another self-portrait and this time, maybe I will smile. : )
Leave a comment and let me know what your resolution is for the new year.




2 comments:

  1. Great portrait Maria!! It was definitely worth the effort,I love the expression!

    Good luck with the challenge. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. my new years resolution is to paint like you!! well done

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...