Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wilmington

16" x 20"
Oil on Hardboard
After clearing away all of the cobwebs out of my studio, I sat down to paint for the first time since summer started. When the summer began, I knew I would not have the luxury of large chunks of time to paint with the kids at home, so I mainly focused on drawing in my sketchbook. It was a nice change of pace, but I missed having a brush in my hand and getting lost in the process of painting.
This street scene of Wilmington, NC, was probably not the best way for me to ease into painting again, but it has been on my list of things to paint for a while. I will be entering this painting in a local art show next week and I have also submitted it to the DPW's Street View Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Great way to get back into painting Maria!! i love this scene,I can almost hear the sound of the horses hooves on the road!! I would love to see your sketches too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I admire that you can put together a scene like this, with all the details that make it unique and charming. The composition is wonderful, and that's got to be so hard to do when you're looking at all the different things on the street. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun scene - and beautifully painted daylight color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...