Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sherman and Sam

6" x 6"
Oil on Canvas
NFS
This is Sherman. I painted him as a gift for my son's teacher. Sherman is an older cat with failing health, but still has quite the personality. I love hearing stories about Sherman and the other family pet, Sam, a 2 year old, high energy, Wire Fox Terrier. Last year, I had the pleasure of painting a portrait of Sam too - see below. When Sam was just a few months old, we offered to take care of him for a morning, to help us decide if we wanted to adopt a puppy or an older dog. Sam is a sweet, little guy, but after he tore through our house bouncing off the walls, it didn't take me long to make up my mind. Several months later, we found our sleepy-head Chester.


Sam
5"x7"
Oil on Board
NFS

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your son's teacher will be thrilled with this!! You capture the very essence and character of any animal you paint.The brushwork is fantastic and those eyes are almost hypnotising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You painted this cat beautifully. Very nice color and brushwork.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...