Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Help Japan Challenge - Sweet Basil, Sweet Memories


5" x 7"
Oil on canvas
Sold
All proceeds donated to Save The Children
 This week the DPW Painting Challenge is dedicated to raising money to help the people of Japan. The assignment is to paint an image of something that comes to mind when thinking of  "home". My fondest memories of growing up in New York center around food, and family gatherings. The smell of basil makes me think of my grandmother cooking tomato sauce after church on Sundays, as my family would gather to eat a big Italian dinner. While I painted this today, my iTunes shuffle so appropriately played "New York State of Mind", by Billy Joel.
All the proceeds from the sale of this painting will be donated to Save The Children. There are many artists donating their work to this effort. If you are interested in supporting Japanese relief efforts, go to the DPW site to bid on this painting, or any of the other works donated. My heart goes out to the people of Japan, as they face unimaginable loss.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope."
Romans 15:13

1 comment:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...